8.25 guru's

-

project360

Reaction score
im looking at an A-body 8.25 suregrip in a 70s duster. im considering this option for my Scamp due to the price. after some looking around, the only item i cannot find a replacement for are axles... except for the off road websites sell the yukon HD axles for the jeep 8.25s.... i would like to no more.
the unit i am looking at has a tight suregrip and 3.23 ring set with the early 27 spline axles.

anyone know where i could maybe find info about the early 8.25s to the more current ones found in jeeps.?

length i imagine
if your going to narrow a rear why use an A-body one to start? use a C-body 8 3/4 housing or a dana 60 and if your keeping it A-body length the stock 8 1/4 axles are plenty strong and already big bolt circle

i came across an A-body 8.25 suregrip that i would keep the orig. length and go with a mini-tub, i was only going to narrow the other axles as they were 60+ inches to start with, but after much debate, i believe this will work out better by just changing the gearing. I was asking about axles in case they break as they are 27 spline along with the suregrip unit. the only upgradeable part i cant find is the axles, except the ones for the jeep 8.25s and they come in 27 and 29 spline. so as best i can find from general posted info around the net is the length. the axles also seem to be open diff specific for one reason or another.

-
Back