8.25 will it fit?

-

bignick

Reaction score
Wondering what the length is on a jeep liberty 8.25? Is it close enough to install in a duster? I know the perches with have to be welded in the correct spots. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this? Seems like the perfect setup. I found one local for $200 with 3.73 posi and disc brakes.

Searc the threads think there was one on this last year with all the info.

I do know the carrier and disk brakes will work in the 8 1/4 I have it on my car. Search disk brakes under my user name I have a thread on it.

I do know the carrier and disk brakes will work in the 8 1/4 I have it on my car. Search disk brakes under my user name I have a thread on it.
I know the brakes and misc. parts work. Im wondering about the length. The rearend is not located in my toen or I'd just drive there and measure it. None of the threads I can find have a length or an a body swap.

What year of Liberty are you referring to? I have 2 in my driveway I could measure.

The 02 version was a one year only with drum brakes, then the 03 and newer had discs, the width of both housings and axles from flange to flange is the same, what measurement can I help you with?

The 02 version was a one year only with drum brakes, then the 03 and newer had discs, the width of both housings and axles from flange to flange is the same, what measurement can I help you with?
Flange to flange and backing plate to backing plate. And thanks

Backing plate measured at the most inward location on the drum brake version is 55 3/8 inch. Flange face to flange face which includes the drums or discs (measured two vehicles)is 62 3/4 inch. Don't know what to consider a backing plate on the disc vehicle, but the raised rib on the dust shield measures 57 3/4 inch.

Backing plate measured at the most inward location on the drum brake version is 55 3/8 inch. Flange face to flange face which includes the drums or discs (measured two vehicles)is 62 3/4 inch. Don't know what to consider a backing plate on the disc vehicle, but the raised rib on the dust shield measures 57 3/4 inch.
Thanks, it is 5 inches to long but that is the info I needed.

I've heard a Cherokee 8.25 is a good width.

That was before the trend towards putting the hub as far outboard as the wheels will allow started.

That was before the trend towards putting the hub as far outboard as the wheels will allow started.
Anyone have a measurement on a cherokee 8.25?

Anyone have a measurement on a cherokee 8.25

-
Back