8 3/4 741 case 3.55 top $?

-

69fstbkcuda

Reaction score
Been looking for a 3.55 possi havn't had any luck... I was gonna try an get some price ranges from you guy so I don't find one and get burnt? Thanks guys

well I also has been on the hunt for the 355 gear.I placed an add Haroun Ontario canada.had 1 fella call he has the 355 posi in the 489 case swears is quiet 500 just for the pumpkin.

None are easy to find now , but if you are going to do it i would go to 742, 489 case easier to find gears and worth more if you go to sell. Maybe u joint change is all

My general rule of thumb goes like this...

3:23= $300.00
3:55= $350.00
3:91= $400.00
4:10= $450.00

Any higher and I'm not usually a buyer. Also, you can add at least $50.00 to any of the above for a PowerLok SG unit as opposed to the Auburn unit.

Thats been my experience for years now, and what I usually buy them for!! Geof

3.55 gears are about the most popular it seems. I rarely see a 3.55 pumpkin sell for less than $400 if it's in good condition with a cone type (Auburn) sure grip. Like Geoff said add some more if it's a Dana power lock. At least $50 if not $100 more. IMO it's worth the extra money for the power lock since it's rebuildable. I have refurished a couple Auburn units but you can't really rebuild them like a Power lock. The best you can do is machine the ends of the cones down and shim them up so they grab again. Once the case is out of round and/or the cones are used up it's pretty much junk. For that reason I always shy away from them unless it's really cheap or disassembled so I can inspect it. You can easily identify a Auburn sure grip by it having only 2 "windows" to look inside and in there you'll see springs. If it has 4 windows and no springs it's the power lock that you can rebuild again and again.

-
Back