8 3/4 and spring in board question

-

REDLNR

Reaction score
So I have a 71 demon going to move the springs inboard and mini tubbed . I have a 8 3/4 for it that I have to have cut to fit. My question is do I have it cut to stock width or shorter? And by doing so what is the widest wheel and tire that I can get under it? Thanks. Shawn

Best advice I got, was to figure my wheel and tire combo first and have the rear made to fit that. I ended up buying Summit wheels with 28x12x15 tires. My rear end ended up being 54 1/8 overall from axle flange to axle flange. This gives me about 2 1/2" to frame rail. Plus centers wheel up nicely in wheel well. Some people have used a stock width rear but you have to use a 6.5 to 7" backspace with not a lot of choices on wheel style. There are a lot of other posts if you search. By the way welcome to the board here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 156
Another view. Car was sitting low to check for clearance in wheel well. Notice clearance to forward lip of quarter panel. From my research 28" tall is about max without working that front lip or moving rear end aft.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 141
One more. Wheels are 15x10 with 5.5" back space. There is a larger selection of wheels that I like in that back space. Again remember car is sitting low over tires. Not where it will actually ride once together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 138
-
Back