8&3/4 Axle questions

-
well we just measure our reeds in inches of water, but yes humidity is bad for GHpipes, its not girgling that you hear its really bad out of tune notes. but I am stuck on the axle now the drums dont want to come off the axles and that means I cant get the tappered axles out so I think Im gonna have to do some surgery and Cut the Housing ends off to get the Axles out, and since im narrowing the housing any ways I will just buy new housing ends. but what would be a good Axle ratio to use fopr a 67 Barracuda with the 361 bored to 372ci and a 727TF for good off the line but have somewhat good highwayspeeds at good rpms

well we just measure our reeds in inches of water, but yes humidity is bad for GHpipes, its not girgling that you hear its really bad out of tune notes. but I am stuck on the axle now the drums dont want to come off the axles and that means I cant get the tappered axles out so I think Im gonna have to do some surgery and Cut the Housing ends off to get the Axles out, and since im narrowing the housing any ways I will just buy new housing ends. but what would be a good Axle ratio to use fopr a 67 Barracuda with the 361 bored to 372ci and a 727TF for good off the line but have somewhat good highwayspeeds at good rpms
There are good threads on the b side , on how to get the drums off of a tapered axle.

Trusty Harbor Freight angle grinder to the drums. Slice thru the center steel part and trusty HF sledge to the cast perimeter.

well I tried the Universal Hub puller and it stripped the Lug studs on the drums and I broke my ange grinder the other day, but since I narrowing it anyway, cant I just cut (Plasma cut) where the housing flanges are welded on and hope the axles will pull out of the third member?

20 lb sledge...been there..we all have....Universal Hub Puller....been there...we all have....Torch? ...been there...we all have....Do it like I said.

-
Back