8 3/4 b body for my 70 duster.....

-

70-duster

Reaction score
I was wondering if I can directly bolt up a 8 3/4 out of a 67 coronet, b body, to my 70 duster, or if there is something I need to change? Please direct me through the swap.

Perches need to be moved in a half inch each side and rims need an aditional 1.5 inches backspace each side. other than that youre golden. Check to see if both yokes are the same. If not theres a conversion u joint.

I also have an a body 8 3/4 housing but no center section, brakes, or axles. Could I swap out the center section, axles, and brakes out of my b body and put into the a body housing I have?

I also have an a body 8 3/4 housing but no center section, brakes, or axles. Could I swap out the center section, axles, and brakes out of my b body and put into the a body housing I have?[/QUOTE

U can swap all of that over except the axles they will be longer than a body axles

I have a set but they need shortened for your specs it would be much cheaper then getting new ones pm me if you want more info

Perches need to be moved in a half inch each side and rims need an aditional 1.5 inches backspace each side. other than that youre golden. Check to see if both yokes are the same. If not theres a conversion u joint.

1/2 inch is not a lot of difference. I have had some luck having a friend pull the leaf spring outward while I do the same. It is sometimes possible to get the centering pins to drop on by doing this. Once the u-bolts are tight, they aren't going anywhere!
The B body rear is 3 1/2 inches wider than an A body rear. That's about 1 3/4 inches extra width on each side. With a large wheel opening (like on a Duster or Demon) and using negative offset wheels (spaced more to the back) It is possible to bolt in and run the 66-70 B body rear just as it sits.

-
Back