Status
Not open for further replies.

cudak888

1-Baker-11
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Just swapped my '68 Satellite to a 3.23 gear, so the original highway pumpkin can go to a new home. And since I've already put a few hundred miles on the Satellite since doing the engine swap on it, I can say without a doubt that this differential works just fine.

That said, gears look really nice, no obvious wear, but I'm not sure if it's ever been out of the car. Mind you though, the car had 47,000 on the clock, and the inside of the original 318 was proof enough that it had 147,000 very rough and unmaintained miles. The gear oil that poured out of it wasn't too dirty, but it was the consistency of 30 weight motor oil.

One other little tidbit is that when I removed it, it also had the original axle tag on it. It's COATED in undercoating/deadner, so I'll have to chip away at it to make sure it's OK under there (and actually says 2.76:1).

Will post better photos in the morning, but in the meantime, my back, legs, and feet are killing me from the swap, so here's a beautiful (not) picture of the thing upturned in a plastic bucket:

se401s.jpg

$250 plus whatever the cheapest shipping costs are (in that bucket - it was sent to me like that via FedEx Ground, so probably will ship out the same way) to your zip code.

Or pick it up in Miami, Florida for $225 cash.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back