8 3/4 Disc brakes from Summit

-
It's recommended that you replace your original bearings with green bearings. You can use your original bearings but, the center of the bracket may have to be opened up to accommodate your adjuster.

You'll need the 4 1/2' bolt pattern and I don't think that redrilling your axles will work either. You'll need the 4 1/2" B body flanged axle, for bigger brakes, for A bodies that Moser sells. The replacement axle is cheaper than the racing axle and it is only 10% weaker.
You'll probably need a different Master cyl. and an adjustable proportioning valve, and 15" wheels also.

I just got a decent deal on Moser axles through Summit. I bought the BBP replacement axles ( MSR-M30CST-AB45 ), green bearings with retainers and gaskets, 1/2" X 3" studs, screwed or press in studs and bearings installed, for $301.85 plus $12.95 Handling fee, and FREE shipping.

For me, the 4 1/2 " bolt pattern is the way to go any way. Wheel options, fitment, and strength.

I have the kit your looking at. And it looks to be well made. My kit is the BBP. And being used on a dana 60. I have installed the caliper mounting bracket and the rotors and they fit well. As for the rest of it. It looks like a nice setup, but it's still in the box. I only installed what was needed to bolt on my wheels so that I can work on setting up lader bars. Once the dana is in them I'll buld the axle with all the other stuff. (gears seals and brakes)

Good to hear people are having excellent luck with the setups.

Has anyone done anything to change their master cylinder or proportioning valve?

-
Back