-
Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Went to get my rear end assembled and the shop that shortened it warped my housing. Looking for just a a-body housing. Don't want to deal with having to get it shortened.
I am in Lansing MI

bad enough that they said i need new one. Its a shop that builds a lot of off road rear ends and what not. I am just going to go with what they say :)

i went to a B-body so i have mine i may part with. it has aftermarket shafts in it with bbp. $450. i have a 489 case with a detroit locker and 3:91 gear that is in it with about 300 miles on it,and i have a set of SS springs. will sell everything seperate or do a package deal. i will be going to milwaukee in november and we can me or you pay shipping.

If the shop that cut it and ruined it.
Make them pay.
If you paid money for a housing make them eat it.

More then likely it was bent before they started with it. Most places doing that operation will straighten the housing as part of the job. After 40 years most are bent slightly as they are after all fairly thin steel. A good drive line shop may be able to straighten it, it's not a difficult operation. I agree if you have money invested I would go back to the shop that narrowed it and ask that the fix it. I had Moser do one for me a while back and have had no problems.

ya its not possible to take it back to them since I moved away from that state. I called them all day and got nothing from them.
and to wracks71 I already have my center section rebuilt and yukon axles ready to go so housing is all I need

OK I like all the offers but I really need just the housing. I also need to know what shipping is to 48911

I have a excellent restored one, just housing. $190 plus shipping from VA. I will get pic tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back