8 3/4 Identify & value

-

oneway71

Reaction score
Hello, I found a 8 3/4 locally; although I am not familiar with them.
Heres ad:

I have a rear end out of a 67 belvedere, it is a 8 3/4, not froze up. not a posi or L/S it is a open spool with 2. something gears in it,good rear end. $150.00, It is a 489 cas. thanks paul, duster/dart parts avalible too

Is this too wide for the Duster?

What is the going price for these? Is it a good deal?

Compared to this other one:
Also have 8 3/4 A body rear end with the center cection has 355 posi unit. drum to drum small bolt pattern axels with green barings. Brand new brakes not in pics right now but will have them on tommarow. $1200 O.B.O

Large price difference.
Just wanted the experts opinions.
Thanks

Buy it!
It will fit your duster but you will have to move the spring perches and look for different gears unless you like highway gears.

The Belvedere rearend will be about 2" wider if I remember right so you might need wheels with a different offset but other than that and the fact you have to move the spring pads inward to A-body specs it'll fit pretty easy. Here's the thing though. If you have to buy new wheels and pay to have the spring pads moved in and have to rebuild the Belvedere rear you may not be ahead money cause just rebuilding a center section and adding a sure grip can easily cost you $700+ if you do it yourself. Then add the cost of new brakes and axle bearings and your close to $1k if not over just for the rear not including the possibility of having to buy new wheels. If the hwy gears and non sure grip is ok for you then that's a big savings. Since it's local it's worth a look to see what shape it's in.

Thanks for the advice. I will take a run out today and look at it. Not sure if I will get it or not. Even at $150 cash is still hard to come by. lol
I thought it might be a good deal; although I don't have a need for it yet.

Theres a lot of b rears in a bodies with the springs just tweaked a bit i believe the difference is only 1/2 inch per side. I think they just elongate the hole on the perch and u bolt pad.

-
Back