8 3/4 in a 69 Valiant

-

AValiant69

Reaction score
I recently became the proud owner Of a stock 69 Plymouth Valiant, 255 /6. While driving it around the for last two weeks I've noticed a rumbly-grindy sound coming from the rear end (pretty sure it's a 7 1/4), after some research I now think I have a bad wheel bearing. I've look into doing the job myself and believe I am capable if I can find a place to press on the new bearing. Then today I found a 8 3/4 Rear on a 72 or 73 dodge truck (casting # 2881489), I can get drum to drum for for $160.00. So what I want to know is should I fix What I have or pick up the 8 3/4 and what difficulty's would I face doing this.

Attachments

• P6070313.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 170
Nice valiant. I have a 69 v100 too. I am not sure about fittment from truck. You will need to inspect rearend after all you could have to fix the same stuff on the used rearend. You will have to drop srings, new lines possibly, shocks, drive shaft issue. I would fix what you got then when more power is you goal swap it out. i would focus on disc brakes new seatbelts and front suspension uprades to make your ride a little more smooth. Hope that helped.

Fix what you have, the truck 8 3/4 is about 8" wider than an A body rear.

-
Back