8 3/4 Inner Axle Seal Installer Tool

-
I wonder if the rubber is crap or the id is a little too big. What brand were they? Axles perfect? Or? Can u post a few pics of your seal driver. Notice I didn’t ask for a pic of your tool. Lol
The seals came from Dr. Diff, so I don't know the manufacturer.

The drivers side is high and dry.

I have national to replace it with but also a couple additional from left over parts. I bought before having the rear built.

It will probably be next week before I get to it.

It's not leaking inside the brake backing plate so it seems to be the inner seal and the backing plate to housing seal.

I'll know a lot more when I pull it.

I've actually never seen these type inner seals. The ones I've always installed had a full rubber exterior and were black
All of the ones I have had from Dr. Diff and the ones I bought all look like the one in post 2.

All of the ones I have had from Dr. Diff and the ones I bought all look like the one in post 2.
Right, but the original style replacements and Chrysler seals are all black and rubber coated. All over. Like these. These are the only kind I've ever used.

FACTORY SEALS.jpg

i just used a 3/4" drive socket with extension and a dead blow hammer the sound will change when it is at home

I try to get double lip seals when they are available they work good

-
Back