8-3/4 length

-

demondaddy

Reaction score
could anyone tell me the correct measurement for an a body 8-3/4, outside to outside of the flange on the housing. i get conflicting answers, mostly because i dont think people understand the question. i supposedly have an 8-3/4 1 '' narrower than stock, 1/2" on either side. this is for my 1972 demon. mine measures 51-1/8". please send a pm. thanks

could anyone tell me the correct measurement for an a body 8-3/4, outside to outside of the flange on the housing. i get conflicting answers, mostly because i dont think people understand the question. i supposedly have an 8-3/4 1 '' narrower than stock, 1/2" on either side. this is for my 1972 demon. mine measures 51-1/8". please send a pm. thanks

well, this link has it as 52 1/2" more or less. i am curious to see if a common number comes up.

http://www.autohobbydigest.com/8_75.html

Agree...

52 1/2"-52 5/8"

Looks like someone already cut the one in your car to the ~51.40 length from the bad table data

that sounds like about 11/16" less backspace per side. yet most rims are 1/2" or 3/4" increments.

this is what i go off of

rearend2.jpg

what about the 8 1/4 cause the one im going to redo is the correct length on this table for the a body?

I'm getting ready to have an 8 3/4 rear narrowed. I just measured mine last week & it's about 52 11/16" wide. It came out of a 71 Demon.

Man you guys got me worried I got one at the shop now being shorten It is to be ready tomorrow. On mine they are going by axel length they are A-body axels so i guess it match the axels. I had goten a measurement for some were that had 55.60 from axel plate to axel plate. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

i just went out and measured mine, its a stock uncut a-body 8 3/4 supposedly from a 1970 dart. i got 50.5" from the outer edge of the backing plate on each side. 43.25" center to center on the springs. so the 51.4" measurement from the table above seems right for flange-to-flange.
SANY0290.jpg

-tim

-
Back