8 3/4 mini spool

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of the mini spool set up for an 8 3/4 lately. used to sell them, can't find them anymore . ????? The ones that have blocks that replace the spider gears. If you know where to find some please let me know. Thanks

Try rear ends only in Burnaby. Colin in parts is great to deal with.

Strange has steel regular spools for $190 30 spline and 35 spline
30 is pn: D1556
35 is pn: D1557

The $190 price I put up was for a full spool through strange engineering. But there probably other companies that sell them for cheaper

The $190 price I put up was for a full spool through strange engineering. But there probably other companies that sell them for cheaper
My bad thought you meant $190 for a mini spool yeah a full spool is the best choice in that price range

Dude come on asking if they still make minispools for a 8.75 and everyone proceeds to tell him how much better full spools are. LOL! Gotta love internet forums...

Well I did look and see if strange made the mini ones, but they didn't, that when I saw their full ones

Dude come on asking if they still make minispools for a 8.75 and everyone proceeds to tell him how much better full spools are. LOL! Gotta love internet forums...

Don't see you suggesting where he could find one

I put one in my sons cuda 15 years ago , still in there never had a problem with it. car runs 11.40s in the 1/4 mile. wanting to put some street gears in .

Here you go:
Richmond Gear Mini-Spools 78-7526-1

Found it on summit racing $84.99

^^^ my bad. Well don't think they make them anymore, so I go back to my original post and go with a full spool. I HELPED and look at strange, Mark williams and richmond, no mini' s.

True story.....
I installed a mini spool into a factory cone style sure grip unit over 20 years ago....
I believe I machined 1/8” off of the cones(the side where the spring plate is) and the mini spool fit. I might have machined the cones for the mini spools axle splines to be “located” too... IIRC
Perhaps beer induced but it worked!

Doctor Diff has a full spool for cheap. Mopar 8 3/4" (8.75) Lightweight Spool

If you're going to go with a spool or a mini spool I highly recommend that you have aftermarket axles.
So if you're going to aftermarket axles go 35-spline with the axles and the spool it's a lot stronger than the 30s. That's only about $50 more total maybe less.

-
Back