8-3/4 parking brake cable clip location

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
So, my 68 Dart came with a 7-1/4 rear. I have an 8-3/4 rear for the car now. I had a longer housing cut down to fit. I'm assembling the rear now and just discovered an issue.

Looking back at pictures of my original 7-1/4, there is a clip on the front side of the right hand axle tube that the right side e-brake cable passes through. I don't have this clip on my 8-3/4. I sold the 7-1/4 years ago so I can't measure off of it.

If someone could give me a measurement to that clip I would really appreciate it. I had the axle cut down narrower than stock A-body width so a measurement from that clip to the INSIDE of the perch would be perfect.

DSCN1922.JPG

The hydraulic line clips are on the back side of the axle. Look at my picture. This clip is on the front side of the axle tube. It's a place for the E-brake cable to mount. There is also another E-brake cable clip/mount above the axle on the floor pan.

If I don't need the clip on the axle that's fine. If 68 Dart 8-3/4s came with a clip I'll add it though. Thanks

Thats how my 68 cable routes. That diagram shows a clip on the axle housing for the right side cable. I just need a measurement where that clip is located. Thanks

-
Back