8 3/4 pinion yokes and u joints ??

-

Donnie514

Reaction score
Ok, I am putting together a 489 case. Both yokes I have purchased new look to be for a Dana 60 size drive shaft and u joint. They are Yukon #YYC4529482 and YYC4529483. I think the 482 is boxed wrong cause it looks to have a lot of returns because of re taping of the box, many inventory stickers on it and it is in a "Victory Components" box. Summit is listing a yoke for 741 and 742 cases and a different one for the 489 case. I thought they were inter changeable. Buy the way I did screw up cause my pinion is 10 spline. My Brain failed to operate !
Now my question on u joints. Is there a chart that shows all the Mopar u joint numbers? Should I just go with the larger u joint yoke and buy a adapting u joint? That is really not my style.
You can laugh, but please help me out.

I don't know that you messed you but Chrysler only used two different u-joints 7260 and 7290. The first thing is what size is the u-joint in the rear of your driveshaft ? And is it good enough to handle the power you are making ? Once you have that then all you need is a 10 spline pinion flange for the right size u-joint. The 489 case is usually the fine spline pinion flange and the 741-742 pinion flange is the 10 spline but I have seen 489 pinion gears with 10 splines. I have a 489 case with a spool in it that has 10 spline pinion gear. I hope this helps a little and good luck.

7260 and 7290 and you also get a aftermarket 1350 heavy duty .

I can tell you that my drive shaft has the smaller u joint.
Any ideas on a yoke brand or part number I should be looking at to purchase?

I'd check out Dr Diff he usually has what you need for your 8.75 stuff and more

The 1330 was used in 66/67 B/C bodies. They r easy to tell apart from the others. They don’t use an inside clip on the caps that fit into the yoke. Kim.

Hey Hemi 446,
Thanks for the information.
So does that mean the Yukon YGA-41006 at Summit will fit even thou it says 741 and 742 cases?
Possible Summit # YY C4529480.

If it fits your 10 spline pinion and the 7260 u-joint it sounds like it will work to me. Just check the driveshaft to make sure it's the correct length.

Glad YOU were on line today!
Thanks for the help thru my brain fart, the more I thought about it the dummer I got. Plus I was waiting for the wrong parts to arrive. That gave me more time to go stupid.
Ordering from Summit now. Yes I will check the drive shaft length.

-
Back