8 3/4 Rear Axle Tube Diameter

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
Anyone know the axle tube diameter for 8 3/4 Rear? Trying to find mounting plates that will accommodate a 3.25" axle tube. So don't know if the 8 3/4 will do, or if I need plates for a Dana 60.

Thanks

IO believe the 8 3/4 is only 3". So I would say you will need some off of something else. Not too sure what else would work, but i am sure someone wil come along with more info

My rear is from a ford explorer, the tubes are 3 1/4 dia. I used the 8 3/4 shock mount plates on it with no modification. Just kind of squeezed the u bolts in when I installed them. Or are you talking about spring mount perches? I had to use 3" dia, and grind them to fit using an angle grinder.

I'm doing the same, a Ford Rear, and have the perches, and just like you ground down the edges to comform to the tube curves. Now just need the mounting plates. Did you have any issues with the U-Bolts when you squeezed? I know it's only like an 1/8" of inch of each side, so guess that wouldn't hurt anything :).

Thanks.

I had no issues when i used the 8 3/4 plates on the 3 1/4 tubes. I put the u bolts on the tubes and squeezed the u bolts together by hand as I installed the plates. I had no problems at all. The holes on the plates are 3" apart, but they are bigger diameter than the u bolts, so they are not far off. Now that I post this, I did open the holes up some.

-
Back