8 3/4 rear disk brake swap

-

426 dart

426 Dart
Reaction score
I'm in need of some info/advise so I just completed my mini tube on my 70 swinger and I'm planing on running rear disk brakes mainly cause I like the look I've done some research and I've found a couple of complete kits 1 through summit racing $439.95 and the other through classic industries for $454.99 what do you guys recommend? Your input/advise is greatly appreciated.

What is the link for the summit kit? I have a summit kit on my dart. Haven't had it out yet though. Install was not too bad once I realized the caliper has to be shimmed and centered on the disc:)

Scarebird LLC makes a nice conversion- uses GM cadi calipers with integral E brake which is the only down fall to it as you have to set the E brake every time the car sits or the pedal will lose "feel" and get mushy from the piston backing up

Which is why I will stick with 10x2.5" drums

426dart has the one I'm going to use. It's all you need and uses components designed for mopar. It's the best price and proper function for street use. If you are auto crossing or road racing you may want to spend more cash on a wilwood setup or bear.

The summit kit is the one I got. Like I said, I haven't had it on the street yet. I am using an adjustable proportioning valve from wilwood. It was definately a learning experience for me. Struggled for two days with binding and such. I missed the step where it tells you to shim the caliper to center the rotor. Once I did that it went much smoother. The Instructions could be a little better.

I use the Wilwood set up. Works really good for the street and the track. The only thing you have to watch for with any rear disc set up is what wheels will clear the calibers.

Check summit for Right stuffs 4 wheel conv. I just put it in my 66 cuda 440 and it is a complete package. From rear parking brake cables to adj proportioning valve,master cyl.everything you will need. great buy for the money.

-
Back