8 3/4 rear end axles

-

duster 5.7

Reaction score
I had a leak on the rear end so went looking for the problem, it seems the retianed on the drivers side to hold the axle in was loose . So I pulled the axle and fixed the problem . But then i went to check end play and does not matter what i do cannot get the correct end play . The rear end is a sure grip and has the bearings tat you have to grease . I have rear can chagne up to sealed bearing , looking for suggestions . When I did have the axle out icould see the end of the other axle ... Help

I had a leak on the rear end so went looking for the problem, it seems the retianed on the drivers side to hold the axle in was loose . So I pulled the axle and fixed the problem . But then i went to check end play and does not matter what i do cannot get the correct end play . The rear end is a sure grip and has the bearings tat you have to grease . I have rear can chagne up to sealed bearing , looking for suggestions . When I did have the axle out icould see the end of the other axle ... Help

dontthink it has anyting to do with your issue, but are you using "green" bearings?

If you are sure it's the other axle then the adjuster block is missing. You'll need to go to the green bearings or take your chunk out and get another block to go in there.

Green bearings are a neat way to go. I have them in my Dart. Easy install, plus takes care of end play issues and leaks.

Some thing is missing in your story. They only way you could see the end of the other axle is if your running a spool. If you have the cone type Sg and the thrust block was missing you would see the spider gear cross shaft. If you have the clutch type and the thrust buttons were missing you would see a tiny hole where the buttons go, you still couldn't see the other axle! I think you may be looking at the end of the thrust block which has the appearance of a axle end. How are you adjusting the end play/

Looks like goning to green bearings, I was trying to adjust witht e p/s adjuster - seems i am missinga part

-
Back