8 3/4 rear end help

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
i was looking for an 8 3/4 rear end and found one that came out of a drag car dart body style. my question is this rear end is about 4 ft wide...much smaller than the typical rear end but it has extended axles and he has the rims to go with them and they are about 10 in across .....does this sound right at all and will this fit under my 72 demon

You are going to have to be a lot more specific about the measurement. 4 ft wide from what to what? Is it complete length or flange to flange?

It was obviously narrowed, A body 8 3/4 rears are 52 5/8" flange to flange. It sounds like you would have to at the very minimum move your springs inboard and possibly mini tub. You also don't mention if it has the spring perches. Was it installed with a 4 link suspension or springs?

Not nearly enough info to give you any kind of decent answer.

lol whats funny is i have no idea what you just asked for.....ill take some pics and let me know if this is something i should get....what should i take pictures of

Just take a pic of the whole rear, end to end and post it. Then we can tell you what and where to measure from.

i measured it from end to end and it is 56 1/2 inches.....took some pics just trying to upload them now....and i went from outside axle to outside axle

here ya go

Attachments

• IMAG0458.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0461.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 225
Looks to be a ladder bar setup of some sort, possibly homemade, there is not no spring perchs on it from what i can see, hence it not gona be no bolt in deal. Width sounds like will be darn close, but again as others stated, need to know the WMS( wheel mounting surface) to WMS dimensions..

Well its the half moon shape piece with a flat bottom that is welded to your rear end housing that sits on top of the leaf springs..

Do a google image search for a mopar 8.75 spring perch, should give ya a better understanding then my words.

Unless you are experienced with fabrication you should stay away from that one. You will need to cut off the ladder links and properly weld on spring perch's. Could get expensive if you have to sub it all out.

ahh well the spring perch was cut so the leaf springs could "float" and prevent wheel hop all i think i need is a ladder bar cross member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_5xwt1_io"]Ladder Bar system & Test Drive [S3-Ep.5-1] - YouTube[/ame]

No, too much

Not for the work that needs to be done to get it to usable condition in an A body.

With the vague info, what wheels come with them? A set of cragar super tricks?

It all depends on what's in this package. Wheels, SBP or BBP axles, brakes, etc...

500 for that rear alone is too much.

X's 3-- Take the advise given from others, walk away from it , it wont be as cheap an easy as one may think..unless you can do the fab work yourself.. then who is to say just how straight them axle tubes are.. good luck to ya.

Leave that sittin right where it is. It's a big POS for what you want to do.

I agree with all of the above!! If you don't know what a spring perch is then you certainly don't need to buy something that needs that much work just to mount, let alone set up!!

How bout that one that keeps popping up on the Omaha craigslist for $300?? Did anybody snag that up yet??

-
Back