8 3/4 rebuild

-

mega-var

Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking for a good shop that can inspect / rebuild an 8 3/4 rear w/ 489 case and 3.22:1 gears. Not sure if limited slip is clutch or cone. It makes noise like hell and I am sure the bearings are shot. I don't have the facilities to do the work myself but I can get the rear end out of the car, throw it in a truck and take it in. Preferably a shop with some old school Mopar guys that know these units. I am located in Lake county, CA. Thank you. :lol:

Hello all,

Looking for a good shop that can inspect / rebuild an 8 3/4 rear w/ 489 case and 3.22:1 gears. Not sure if limited slip is clutch or cone. It makes noise like hell and I am sure the bearings are shot. I don't have the facilities to do the work myself but I can get the rear end out of the car, throw it in a truck and take it in. Preferably a shop with some old school Mopar guys that know these units. I am located in Lake county, CA. Thank you. :lol:

Talk to this guy, he's the Gurru for 8 3/4", if you don't want to send it to Montana he might know a reputable shop in CA. When you talk to him it's a "sure grip". :lol:

http://www.doctordiff.com/

-
Back