[WANTED] 8 3/4 shock plates and U bolts needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren't looking for originals, Mancini Racing sells really nice shock plates but they do not look even close to original. I have a set under my Scamp now, they are nice parts! Of course they also sell the U bolts you need.
www.manciniracing.com

According to the 1972 Mopar Parts Manual, the 8.75 assembly does not use a proprietary shock plate assembly. The 7¼ has a 2.75" tube while the 8¼ and 8.75 have a 3" tube. So the shock plate for a 8¼ will work for the 8.75 rear. The (1972) part number the clip was 3491 296 (4 required). The clips may still be available from Chrysler. Nut part number is 6023 019 (8 required).

Like the saying goes, you should have went to the All Mopar Swap Meet yesterday, there were about 5-6 tabels selling the shock plates ranging from 50-90 for Plates. And http://www.manciniracing.com/home.htm is selling the U-Bolts, there shock plates dont even look close to beeing correct but will work. If you PM me I will forward a few guys numbers that were there selling plates. They are closed to me here in Howell Mich that I know have them....

Thanks, I got a set last year that looked good and are working perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

Richard unfortunately work comes first ive been going to the trade center swap meets for a long time
I have a Dakota im going to scrap out I might look under the chassis and see if the ones under it will fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back