8 3/4 small bolt pattern

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
I HAVE A 73 340 DUSTER I'M PUTTIND A 383 IN IT
IT HAS A 8 1/4" I GOT 8 3/4" FOR FREE OUT OF A 72 DUSTER BUT
IT HAS SMALL BOLT PATTERN, SHOULD I HAVE THE AXLES WELDED AND RE DRILLED SHOULD I LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IS THEERE AN AFTERMARKET AXLE I CAN GET TO SWITCH TO THE LONG BOLT PATTERN any one have any suggestions
THANKS

dazedduster said:
I HAVE A 73 340 DUSTER I'M PUTTIND A 383 IN IT
IT HAS A 8 1/4" I GOT 8 3/4" FOR FREE OUT OF A 72 DUSTER BUT
IT HAS SMALL BOLT PATTERN, SHOULD I HAVE THE AXLES WELDED AND RE DRILLED SHOULD I LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IS THEERE AN AFTERMARKET AXLE I CAN GET TO SWITCH TO THE LONG BOLT PATTERN any one have any suggestions
THANKS

CONTACT RANDYS RING AND PINION.THEY CARRY YUKON AFTERMARKET AXLES.I HAVE A SET IN MY DUSTER.CAN RUN THE GREEN BEARINGS TO GET RID OF AXLE END PLAY ADJUSTER ON RIGHT SIDE AXLE. I GAVE WHOLE SALE COST FOR MY AXLES. $95 EACH AND I BELIEVE AR0UND $30 DOLLARS FOR BEARINGS.WORKS GREAT.ONLY HAVE TO BUY WHEELS STUDS WHICH ARE NOT THAT HIGH AT LOCAL PARTS HOUSE.THEY ARE BIG BOLT PATTERN AS THE OLD AXLES WERE SMALL BOLT.

I have been trying to do this up-grade to my Duster. I was trying to decide on custom axles or hacing C- body resplined, just started this project so you know how the story goes.

CONTACT RANDYS RING AND PINION.THEY CARRY YUKON AFTERMARKET AXLES.I HAVE A SET IN MY DUSTER.CAN RUN THE GREEN BEARINGS TO GET RID OF AXLE END PLAY ADJUSTER ON RIGHT SIDE AXLE. I GAVE WHOLE SALE COST FOR MY AXLES. $95 EACH AND I BELIEVE AR0UND $30 DOLLARS FOR BEARINGS.WORKS GREAT.ONLY HAVE TO BUY WHEELS STUDS WHICH ARE NOT THAT HIGH AT LOCAL PARTS HOUSE.THEY ARE BIG BOLT PATTERN AS THE OLD AXLES WERE SMALL BOLT.

When you used these axles did you have to use the original drum brake set up or is thebrake stand out so you can use the bigger brakes like from a B- body?

a bought a set of yukon aftermarket axles off ebay i think i paid 180 plus 20 for pressing in the green bearings -go to ebay motors -click parts and accessories- then in the seach box put -mopar axles- and you`ll find them

I am just getting in the planning stages of doing a 440 74 duster, so keep me posted on how yours is going and any problems you are running into. I picked up an a body 8-3/4 housing for mine also I have a c body rear, I am going to see what it cost to shorten the axles and I am pretty sure you can use the brake setup from the c body.

You can use C-Body brakes. I took everything from a 67 or 68.
I got my axles and bearings from Moser about 8 years ago. There
are some axles that can be resplined also.

Danny

bac2nowere said:
I have been trying to do this up-grade to my Duster. I was trying to decide on custom axles or hacing C- body resplined, just started this project so you know how the story goes.

When you used these axles did you have to use the original drum brake set up or is thebrake stand out so you can use the bigger brakes like from a B- body?

I USED THE BIGGER BRAKES.HAVE A 8 1/4 WITH DISC BRAKES I WAS GOING TO USE.BUT THEY MOUNT DIFFERENT.THE BIG BRAKES FIT PERFECT.

-
Back