8-3/4 Wheel/Axle bearing question

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Are there several different bearing sizes?
I need to get the bearings but dont wanna have it all apart and not have the correct parts to get it back together.

I have small bolt pattern axles, but are there several different axle diameters?

Anyone have the correct part #?
From the Local "Advanced Auto" I came up with:

National, A-7 ??????
WTF? :read2:
Let me know guys. Thanks!!!!!!!!

I checked out a few places for prices and got mine from National Moparts up here in Canada. Their # is 705 426 2993, not sure of the part #. What year of rearend? FYI, I tried changing my own bearings and after swingin and swearin for about 2 hours, I took them up to Nat Mop to do it. A press makes things soooo much easier.

**I checked my 69 parts manual and part #'s for bearing and cup pkg is #2525415

Thx for the heads up. I have changed a few but that's when I was young and Dumber than I am now! LOL Stupidity prevailed and I made it happen but whether its worth the aggravation is up for debate! LOL
Ill have to search the #'s you gave too!
Im not sure what the rear is from originally. I dont have the numbers right this second as the rear is in the car and on the street! I did have all this info at one point but cant remember where I stashed it. :(

Thx for the input.
Anyone else?

I'm not 100% positive but I believe all 8-3/4's use the same axle bearings. Axles are different for each application but the part where the bearing goes on is the same. National A-7 sounds right. That part number is as old as the hills but still works.

-
Back