8 3/4

-
I was offering 2 ways to get the job done in your screen shot. I'll include a picture of the car on the ground. Looks pretty good, gets rid of the "backwards 3 wheeler look". No pinion vibration at all. Here, I'll include a photo....
View attachment 1715658437
View attachment 1715658436

And? Neither one is right. One hangs the springs half way off the perch, the other side loads the springs which puts extra strain on the bushings and spring leafs which means the spring will have built in binding. Bind slows the springs reaction time, which hurts your launch traction.

Anyone with a Harbor Freight mig welder, angle finder, tape measure and a few hours of welding practice can move a set of perches. It's really easy. All the metal is nice and thick, you can even use basic flux core wire.

And if you run the right backspacing for the wider rear axle (either one, '65-67 and 68-70 are different) you can toss the 235's. Duster's will take a 275 with the stock spring locations. If you actually move the perches, you can just put them at 42" C-C and use a 1/2" offset kit. And run 295's!
IMG_4714.jpeg

And? Neither one is right. One hangs the springs half way off the perch, the other side loads the springs which puts extra strain on the bushings and spring leafs which means the spring will have built in binding. Bind slows the springs reaction time, which hurts your launch traction.

Anyone with a Harbor Freight mig welder, angle finder, tape measure and a few hours of welding practice can move a set of perches. It's really easy. All the metal is nice and thick, you can even use basic flux core wire.

And if you run the right backspacing for the wider rear axle (either one, '65-67 and 68-70 are different) you can toss the 235's. Duster's will take a 275 with the stock spring locations. If you actually move the perches, you can just put them at 42" C-C and use a 1/2" offset kit. And run 295's!
View attachment 1715659550
Beauty of this Hobby is each can do it his/her own way :)

-
Back