-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mc-g

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
As the title says. I have 742 center section for sale. I'm unsure of the gears currently in it. Its pretty rough from sitting for a while. The gears look great structurally, just some surface rust. I'm sure it will need rebuilt. I also have a second open carrier with the spider gears that will go with it. It has good bearings on it, which would help in putting the center section back in operating order.

It was part of a package deal and I'm not gonna use it till i can afford to build up a center section, so I'd rather someone who will use it have it. I'm not sure of what to ask on price. Someone make me a fair offer. I'd like to get $100 for it. I've seen that as the going rate. you pay shipping. I'm in Evansville, IN. 47720

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_1161.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1162.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_1164.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 453
looking at the center it looks open. ratio should be on the outside edge of the ring gear.

Indeed it's open. I didn't specify. I apologize. I'll check gear ratio. 74DartSwinger360, let me check.

I could use helpful suggestions on the best way to ship one of these heavy suckers!!!! Can they even be boxed? Truck freight is high dollar.

Thanks to everyone

Indeed it's open. I didn't specify. I apologize. I'll check gear ratio. 74DartSwinger360, let me check.

I could use helpful suggestions on the best way to ship one of these heavy suckers!!!! Can they even be boxed? Truck freight is high dollar.

Thanks to everyone

You can ship it UPS in a five gallon pail.

to ship, buy one of those Orange 5 Gal buckets and a lid from Home Depot.
You'll need to cut a hole in the lid and the yoke will stick out - unless no yoke.

I like the bucket idea. Let me weigh this sucker and I'll get the pm's out.
Yes the gears come with it. I've been on a roof all weekend. I'll contact those interested tonight!

I have decided to pass on this unless you would you sell just the gears depending on the ratio?. Would you sell the plate sticking out where the yoke would be?

Still interested if the correct ratio. If you can't find the ratio on the ring gear, count the teeth on the ring and count the teeth on the pinion. # of ring teeth divided by # of pinion teeth = ratio

I'm just posting to apologize to those waiting for more info on this center chunk. Been working then going straight to my sisters to help with roofing. I get home, eat, and pass out. I haven't had the chance to weigh this, get shipping quotes, and check the ring gear info. I WILL do that tonight now that the roofing is done. Thanks for being patient
Matt

Alright. gears in this sucker are 2.76. it weighs 75 lbs. I'll pm shipping to anyone that is interested. I have two in line right now. sorry for the delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back