Status
Not open for further replies.

cudak888

1-Baker-11
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Bought this a few months back for my '68 Satellite, until I found that the axles weren't seating as it's a '64 unit with the narrower thrust block (never mind the internet misinformation out there - '64 and earlier units have a narrower, not wider thrust block than their later brethren). Thus, '64 and earlier applications only, plus folks running green bearings.

Worked fine for me except for screwing with my axle adjustment. Doubt if it did anything to the center section, probably just damaged my bearings instead.

That said, I feel pretty confident in saying that it should be plug-and-play if used with the right axles, but I'd still give the shims and adjusters a going over to be on the safe side.

Getting rid of it only as I'd rather lower my gears with a wide-ratio A999 before I throw another center section in it (I like my highway RPMs intact, thank you).

$325 + cost of shipping in a reinforced painter's bucket (same way it was shipped to me) or pick the lousy thing up here in Miami, Florida.

PM if interested.

img_5372-jpg.jpg

img_5371-jpg.jpg

img_5386-jpg.jpg

img_5397-jpg.jpg

img_5398-jpg.jpg

-Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back