8.75 Axle Compatabilty

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I have two 8.75 truck housing one that is currently in my truck and one that is not in my truck.

I don't know which chunk is in my truck or which housing is in the truck I just know dad said it came out of a 70's dodge truck if I remember right I do know it is the newer style normal brake setup. It has a 3.21 open diff chunk.
He also said that it had a crack and leaked. We could weld it up but I was wondering about another option

The housing that is not in the truck is a 741 chunk 4.10 posi. The housing is the old style brake that requires a puller to remove.

I don't want the old style brakes Would it be possible to use that housing with the axles and brake stuff off the cracked housing?

If the brake drums are the pressed on type you can't swap stuff because the housing ends are different. I think 64 was the last year for pressed on brake drums.

If the brake drums are the pressed on type you can't swap stuff because the housing ends are different. I think 64 was the last year for pressed on brake drums.

Alright I wasn't sure.

I will just swap the 4.10 chunk and weld the crack up and be fine.

-
Back