8.75 Broken Spider Gear Shaft - Help!

-

matsucu06

Reaction score
So, I was rebuilding an 8 3/4 clutch style posi-unit and much to my dismay, found one of the spider gear shafts broken. Does anyone know if I can weld/repair this or am I hosed? Not sure if anyone sells these as replacements... Any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• Spider Gear Shaft D.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 421
Thanks for confirmation. Sent Dr. Diff an email request to address on his website. Still waiting for a response...

Problem solved... Bought a sure-grip power-pock rebuild kit from Dr.Diff for $175 w/free shipping on Ebay... Kit comes with a few more parts than I need, but may as well replace and will have some spares parts for next time...

Attachments

• Posi Kit.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 322
Problem solved... Bought a sure-grip power-pock rebuild kit from Dr.Diff for $175 w/free shipping on Ebay... Kit comes with a few more parts than I need, but may as well replace and will have some spares parts for next time...

Good deal. Did the kit come with 1 piece side gears like Dana's use? Not positive but I think that's the kit he sells. The 1 piece side gears are easier to work with cause you don't have to worry about getting the 2 piece gear splines aligned perfectly so the axles go in easy.

Not sure since I just ordered and have not received yet. But, the attached picture is of the kit itself...

Good deal. Did the kit come with 1 piece side gears like Dana's use? Not positive but I think that's the kit he sells. The 1 piece side gears are easier to work with cause you don't have to worry about getting the 2 piece gear splines aligned perfectly so the axles go in easy.
Received the Power-Lock Kit from Dr. Diff. today and it came with the one piece side gear...

-
Back