-
Status
Not open for further replies.

65CudaFish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm just leaving the thread alone. I made a mistake in stating that the ring & pinion is a 3:96 ratio. I corrected the title and the rest is :sign3: My Apologies. I have a fresh 8.75 with a clutch type sure grip posi and gear motive 3:96 ring & pinion for sale for 550..00 plus shipping. It has just under 2500 miles on it. I broke it in, I used the proper gear oil and friction additive for the clutches. It works excellent. It don't have the bigger yoke on it since I am just running a 340 there was never an issue with strength there. It hooks up real good both tires wore evenly. I'm switching to a more highway suitable 3:23. I just paid 675.00 plus shipping for this and it makes the car very quick off the line being between 3:91 & 4:10 ratio's so here's a good deal. Item will ship from OKC, OK. I have a paypal account, if your interested IM me.:burnout:

3.96 gears? Never heard of 3.96's. Are you sure their not 3.91's? I know it's not much diff. but I've just never heard of them and I've been around Mopar's for 32 yrs.

BTW: you may want to add your location. The rules say you have to post a location or you ad may get deleted.

Thanks for the advice. The item will be shipped from OKC, OK. 73135. The Gears are Gear Motive Gears, not an OEM MoPar set up, and are 3:96 ring & pinion set up. The ratio was common in Old's 442 rears!

Count the teeth on the ring gear,then on the pinion.Divide the number on the ring gear by the number on the pinion and bingo we have a ratio

Hell, I got a set of 4.30's for the track. A set of 3.23's for the street.
With green bearings, it don't take long to switch them.
I'll never get rid of either.

Not an Olds gear ratio common or not.

I had a 1967 442 that had a 3:96 gear ratio posi unit in it. Anyway I was told by the Transmission Shop I bought it from that it had that in it, I didn't dispute it since it was burning both tires and was very quick for such a heavy car.:burnout:

Count the teeth on the ring gear,then on the pinion.Divide the number on the ring gear by the number on the pinion and bingo we have a ratio

Yes that is the way to equate the ratio, but the unit is in the car operating still. I haven't pulled it yet and installed the other unit. It was professional built and it had all new components installed at that time and that included and new ring & pinion that is a 3:96 ratio set up with dye. I bought it for 675.00 installed it and have not had any problem with it.

Hell, I got a set of 4.30's for the track. A set of 3.23's for the street.
With green bearings, it don't take long to switch them.
I'll never get rid of either.

Yes I can drop it out in an hour. I am not wanting to keep it setting around, I haven't been able to make it to the track since I built this car. I am going to just run the 3:23 since it is more highway suitable. I just put this up on the site to see if anyone might be interested in a good deal. I have one person interested that messaged me but he needs a little more money. I wouldn't have any problems selling this on Ebay, just thinking someone on here might like it for a track car!

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
330362000619 MOPAR 8 3/4 8.75 Sure Grip POSI 3.91 GEARS 489 CASE 1 $609.50 USD $609.50 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground
Note: UPS cannot ship to P.O. Boxes
(includes any seller handling fees): $69.61 USD
Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $679.11 USD

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
330362000619 MOPAR 8 3/4 8.75 Sure Grip POSI 3.91 GEARS 489 CASE 1 $609.50 USD $609.50 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground
Note: UPS cannot ship to P.O. Boxes
(includes any seller handling fees): $69.61 USD
Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $679.11 USD

So after all the whoop'lah I decided I best search my records and this was what I found. Wish I could of came up with a picture as well but it wasn't available. So I stand corrected it is a 3:91!

So after all the whoop'lah I decided I best search my records and this was what I found. Wish I could of came up with a picture as well but it wasn't available. So I stand corrected it is a 3:91!

LOL... No big deal on the ratio. I knew I hadn't heard of a 3.96 for a Mopar though. Good luck on the sale. You've got it priced good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back