8.75 find

-

dingo77

Reaction score
just picked up an 8.75 rear Friday night that came out of a 68 dart. it had already had all the work done to it to just drop rite in for my mini tub project in my 70 dart. its been converted to a B.B.P. with studs.....the down side it is a non sure grip......BUT......he threw in a full sure grip chunk. the best thing he let it go for $240.00. just wanted to share my joy with everyone.

Thats a great deal! Would have still been a great deal without the suregrip chunk. There is a crook, err guy down is SoCal-middle of the desert who had an abody 8 3/4 with suregrip for $500 in the Recycler. I call and see if it is still available and I'm told it was. I drive out there and it's an open with 3.23's. 3 years ago $500 was the going price for that setup, I was ticked, but the unit was clean, brake drums were in good shape; so I plunked down the cash. After loading it into the back of my truck and me getting in, he waves a pair of shock plates in the air and asks if I'll need them. Of course I will and out goes another $50.

The moral of the story, if someone tries to sell you parts and he tells you mapquest or a gps can't find his location...hang up and go into witness protection. He did have an original Hemi Dart...in a building but he had to clear stuff off of it to show me. Had a Hemi Challenger, a few hemi motors sitting around, saw one 440 six pac and a whole slew of parts.

:toothy10:

Most GPS/Maps can't find my address! I LOVE being in the middle of nowhere - nobody to complain about un-registered vehicles in the driveway, ongoing projects and other things!

Thats a great deal! Would have still been a great deal without the suregrip chunk. There is a crook, err guy down is SoCal-middle of the desert who had an abody 8 3/4 with suregrip for $500 in the Recycler. I call and see if it is still available and I'm told it was. I drive out there and it's an open with 3.23's. 3 years ago $500 was the going price for that setup, I was ticked, but the unit was clean, brake drums were in good shape; so I plunked down the cash. After loading it into the back of my truck and me getting in, he waves a pair of shock plates in the air and asks if I'll need them. Of course I will and out goes another $50.

So who was the crook? I have my suspicions of who it was that you dealt with. If you don't want to post it, send me a PM.

I live in SoCal, in the middle of the desert, and know it wasn't me that you dealt with. There are some good sellers out here in my area, and some really rotten ones.

I guess I should have kept my thoughts to myself or at the most said he was a tad bit less than scrupulous.

He lived somewhere around Phelan.

99% of the Mopar and old car people I have come across are very helpful and gracious.

I guess I should have kept my thoughts to myself or at the most said he was a tad bit less than scrupulous.

He lived somewhere around Phelan.

99% of the Mopar and old car people I have come across are very helpful and gracious.

Nah, the furniture salesman... his rep is varied amongst the mopar community.

He brings a boatload of stuff to swaps and takes 95% of it home.

I will give him this, he's a great spot to get a reference for what you are looking for at other swap spots.

lol it doesnt matter what the area is be it BFE or rite in the middle of everyone knows where your house is vill theres crooks and cheap scates lurking. but more often than not you find good guys, and there sure to tell you who to stay away from if they have been around the block a time or two.

well just to add my find on this thread i got a 8.75 suregrip rear end with the rebuildable center section with 391 with axles and a spare b body housing with axles all for about 400 dollars DELIVERED TO MY FRONT DOOR!!!! god i love craigslist. I just really needed to share that sorry fellas

WOW! good job! I found a similiar deal last year. A chevy fan rearend shop owner sold me a Dana 60 4.10 for a E-body for $225 Gotta love Chevys.

he has a few darts and a gts he also has a 69 340 4spd car 4 sale want 2500 but you got to reassemble it..........wish i had more money lol

-
Back