8.75 Green Bearings question

-

rednesss

Reaction score
So I found out today that the Green Bearing on my driver's side isn't very happy. It has a little play and isn't as tight as another set I have. That being said, I have a good set of Green bearings on the original 5x4 axles. I don't suppose there's any way that I could remove a bearing from the factory axle and reinstall it on the 5x5.5 axles?? I'm guessing no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks

nope and trying it with a press is a good way to get killed. Just buy new ones

The problem isn't getting the bearing off. It's getting the retaining collar off. Once the collar is removed the bearing will press off pretty easy. The only way to get the collar off is to cut it off and they don't sell the collar alone. Only in bearing sets.

I ordered new bearings, I just wish I didn't have to wait to get them. Especially since I have 2 of them just sitting there on my old axles.

Did you get the newest versions? There are a few different versions and the newest are the best. The first generation is still available and those were the ones prone to fail.

Why use the green bearing, the factory style with adjusting nut is just as good... i prefer green but not everyone does. doctor diff has the bearing kits and when i did my i knocked out the old retainer studs and put ford style t ends in...check em out at doc diff if you get the bearing from him.

-
Back