8.75 rear paint details

-

mad dog

Reaction score
im putting the finishing touches on my 8.75 rear and want to add the factory paint daubs and numbers.. i looked at my build sheet under the heading AXL and there is a 3 digit number, is that the number that goes on the axle tube? Also can some one tell me the meaning of the paint stripes under the pumpkin and what color stripes i should add. The car is a 71 Duster with 3:55 pumpkin, any advice that you can add will be a great help. Thanks Rich

im putting the finishing touches on my 8.75 rear and want to add the factory paint daubs and numbers.. i looked at my build sheet under the heading AXL and there is a 3 digit number, is that the number that goes on the axle tube? Also can some one tell me the meaning of the paint stripes under the pumpkin and what color stripes i should add. The car is a 71 Duster with 3:55 pumpkin, any advice that you can add will be a great help. Thanks Rich

See if this helps! From another Mopar forum.

8 3/4 factory paint marking I.D help in Engine, Transmission & Rear End

The stripes of paint on the center section indicate the gear ratio of the center section. Color and number of stripes.
Screenshot_20230323-145526.png

Last edited:
AAndrews and DanaDart thank you for your responses, thats EXACTLY what i was looking for !!.....Rich

-
Back