8.8 Diff w/ 14" Cragar S/S Wheels

-

typopup

Reaction score
I am planning to swap the 8.8 into my '73 Duster but couldn't find anything saying whether or not a 14" Cragar S/S wheel will fit around the caliper etc ... I'm not concerned w/ backspacing etc at this time.

I started to read the 8.8 swap thread & only got about 1/3 through the 17 pages before my eyelids got really heavy.

TIA

I don't know the answer to your question but from what I've read, generally rear discs require 15 inch wheels. I converted an 8.75 to discs using the 94-04 Mustang based setup and assumed I would need 15 in wheels.
Much to my surprise I found 14 in Magnum 500's clear the caliper but 14 in steel wheels - no way. Guessing it's the way the Magnums are constructed that makes it possible.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to your question but from what I've read, generally rear discs require 15 inch wheels. I converted an 8.75 to discs using the 94-04 Mustang based setup and assumed I would need 15 in wheels.
Much to my surprise I found 14 in Magnum 500's clear the caliper but 14 in steel wheels - no way. Guessing it's the way it's constructed makes it possible.
I appreciate your response ... maybe I'll have to buy a new set of rims & tires ... Drat ... LOL.

Can't hurt to try and fit the 14 inchers before having to source replacement 15 in rims and tires.

So what was the outcome? Do the 14 inch cragars fit? I've got the same issue and getting ready to go 8.8. Thanks

-
Back