[WANTED] 8 Qt. Dipstick for SB

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were do you want the oil level to be? All I did was cut a inch off my dip stick tube so the oil was 1" lower away from the crank.

yes, cut an inch off the top of the dipstick tube so the dipstick goes down an inch further.

You know I thought about doing that, but is an inch accurate?

Are you serious?

It does not matter, you have 8 qts, fill the motor up with 7 qts and put the stick in and see what you got. I want to get the oil away from the crank and have oil to spare, so if you have what ever 7.5, 6, 6.75, 8.5 with the filter, it's up to you to decide if you want 9 qts and your crank running in oil or 7qts with the crank out of the oil.

I have the same 8 qt pan on my 416. I fill the pan with the correct amount of oil,bought a new long dip stick and inserted it and marked my own full mark on the dip stick with a chisel.

I have a Milodon 30935 8 qt pan on my 416. I bought a new truck dip stick, filled my pan with 8 qts of oil and marked and cut my stick to show full.

I would still rather keep the oil away from the spinning parts, putting a 8qt pan on and keeping the level at the same place isn't what I would do but everybody to his own do as you want. Windage tray good baffles and a crank scrapper will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back