8 track in your A body?

-

Kuta

Kenny
Reaction score
Vintage is a wonderful thing.
If it works!
Do you have a working 8 track working in your abody?
If so Tell us about it or comment on 8 track players.

If you are not old enough to know about 8 tracks, watch this thread.

This was great equipment.:read2::read2:

I remember 8-tracks. The biggest problem as I recall was hearing two different tracks at the same time, but there was an internal adjustment for the head that would solve this.

I used to have about 30 8 track tapes in a case that I used to listen to in my Mustang. (Yes, I had quite a few fords back in the day) It had an original equipment 8-track. I totalled that car while listening to Steppenwolf, lol! Anyway, over time, the rubber rollers in the tape cartridges just started to deteriorate. Slowly, one by one, the tapes got eaten by this deterioration and by the time I was 22, all the tapes had been destroyed.

Oh yeah, I also had a friend that had a 8-track recorder. Try to find one of those now, lol. IIRC, timing the album tracks to time left on the track was a *****.

I have about 250 8 track tapes. I've been collecting them over the years. I also have an 8 track recorder. Actually 2 of them. But I have come to the conclusion that they will never be worth anything and I'm giving it all away except about a dozen or so 8 track tapes I'll keep for my Lincoln with an original 8 track player. I'm actually going through a bunch of tapes right now for a member on here. He wants a dozen for his car. Rock ones.

I have some sealed blank recordable 8 track.
Also have a couple of REAL NICE CASES.
and SOME SEALED never played 8 tracks.
FYI

If you look at the pics in my garage of the Demon, you'll see a NOS Craig Powerplay 8 track in there........GREAT unit. Lots of fun.

I liked 8 tracks because they had 4 tracks to choose from.......A few songs on each......You'd memorize where your favorite songs were on the tape by track and numerical position, then you could find your favorites to play over and over. No fast forwarding baloney.

I contemplated one in my 74, but by 74, cassettes were popular and phasing out the 8's....so I put a cassette in the Dart Sport.

Still have one of the "Console Design" Craig 8-Tracks in the garage, in the original box, NOS. Don't know if I'll ever use it, but it's a nice one. Lots of chrome and the radio too I believe.

.........and I still have a good selection of old 8 tracks, most in great condition. Part of the classic past that's a blast to go through sometimes just to reminisce. :-D

I drove a '71 Ford Pinto just out of high school. My 8 track was under my front bucket seat. I got real good at grabbing a tape and inserting it into the deck without taking my eyes off of the road. Then I would hit that button a few times to go to my favorite song, again without taking my eyes off of the road. The first tape I ever bought was Foghat. A friend borrowed a few of my good tapes and they were stolen out of his '57 Chevy. Thats when I made the switch to cassette.

I have an under-dash 8 track player I plan to put in mine.

I had a 69 Road Runner in high school and I put my 8 track player in the glove box. It had a headphone jack on it and fire trucks always seemed to sneek up on me. I still have my carrying case of tapes. Foghat's Fool for the city tape was always playing.

my 1st car a 78 camaro had a factory unit in it it still worked too had to borrow some of my moms elvis collection
hunk of burnin love

Well my first 8 track was in my first car a 1974 Impala , then in my 1979 Cougar.
But I do have two 8 track players in my house.
One in an old RCA floor model stereo , the other in a portable player with 12 inch detachable speakers. I have over 100 tapes. I plug one in when I'm cleaning house or when my so called neighbors start up with their boom boxes on wheels,:butthead: so Mamma pops in ...
AC-DC
Highway to Hell :burnout:
or Lynard Skynard :rock: Or Deep Purple

and crank it up to 10. My windows rattle and That really pi$$es them off!! :finga:

Bad Company, Stepping wolf , CCR ,Iron butterfly.
I remember using a comb to get the 8 track tapes to play better by sliding it in under the tape :-D

I was going to put one in my Dart that I had but I never could find any tapes for it. I think I gave it away a few years ago.

Had quite a few,Craig Pioneer,LearJet,etc.Had a 72 Chevelle SS I bought new with an AM 8track player,wasn't anything good on FM,played a lot of Grand Funk Railroad.

How about Edger Winters Group on the Quadra Track stereo? It sounded better when under the influence...or so i thought. How about "Firesign Theatre". Please follow the yellow rubber line.

-
Back