80 & 85 mph speed limits

-
The cam is the 276/284 version not the 268/276, already had it custom ground. I have the 1.03 torsion bars ready to install. The caster is a good idea. The "purple horny" glass packs are a little loud now, although they do quiet down some at cruising speed. I will probably add some resonators to the current dual side exhaust. My For Bbodies only build thread is: Introducing "Project Odyssey" a 1972 "Super Satellite". Super Satellite meaning a 1970 Superbird rear spoiler and the never produced 1971 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird nosecone as found on the MPC 1/25 model kit #6282.

I currently have old school NOS TRW 11
.5 dome pistons (after de-stroking they only work out to 10.5), custom length rods (6.298" vs 6.123" stock) , open chamber "O" cylinder heads with 2.02 intake), 1972 factory thermoquad and factory '72 intake to match. Just waiting for the custom Bryant Racing billet crankshaft to be machined to the correct 2.96" stroke. Then its off to the "races".

The local police in Wyoming like to pull over travelers. I've been to that state three times and gotten pulled over twice.

The local police in Wyoming like to pull over travelers. I've been to that state three times and gotten pulled over twice.
???? I've been all over that state, never an issue. I look innocent :D

???? I've been all over that state, never an issue. I look innocent :D

I had Ohio plates once and Colorado rental plates the other time. First time was just a warning for making an illegal left hand turn. Second time we got cited for five things. I'm sure they just wanted some money because they knew We were not going to show up in court to fight any of them.

75 MPH Colorado speed limit is why I liked the 2.94 gears in my Duster. With 1" torsion bars and extra caster it was super stable, had it up to 110 once and didn't feel much different than 80, in a good way lol. I went on a few long road trips across the state in that car holding 80 MPH most of the time, when the limit allowed of course.

@doogievlg I'm sure cops in Wyoming are eager to pull anyone over with Colorado plates nowadays to check for that "legal" weed. Same for Utah, Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, etc. etc.

two weeks ago (Sept 15th) i flew to Salt Lake, rented a 300c to Idaho falls and bought a 2016 B5 challenger then drove it on a 30 day temp tag through Yellowstone, grand Tetons, Wyoming etc... all the way home to IL by Sunday night. not one issue with smokey. Yes the speed limits are FAST. Its certainly 80 in northern Utah and I was passed more than once i would estimate *at least* 95 and im being conservative i know what a 15mph difference is....

I15 in Utah has been 80mph since at least 2012, if I remember right. Why the interest? You have a death wish or something? Your typical A-body is not going to be a very happy camper at 90mph...much less enjoyable at that speed.

The sweet spot is right around 85mph in my Duster, though I find bouts of 100+ to be quite enjoyable!
;-)

Funny you should ask. I just got back from a trip, Lyons CO to Lakeview Oregon. Took I80 all the way across Wyoming, Utah, and Nevada. Saw plenty of 80mph speed limit signs. But with an '05 grand Cherokee 4.7, and a 19' travel trailer behind, I wasn't doing 80

Trojmn, Same here.I have trouble understanding why you would need to go faster than a 80 MPH limit,but l do see it all the time.I understand having fun on a open road and doing a short blast over 100.But a young girl going 90+ while using her cell phone in a KIA ? The local TV station did a story when the Highway Patrol was cracking down on speeders.They interviewed a girl that just got a ticket for 101MPH in a 70 zone.This is what she said,,"I usually set the cruise on 90 but I guess I was just daydreaming and forgot to turn it on." No lie......

-
Back