833 O/D with cast iron case value

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good evening. I'm clearing out some things and I have a 1975 cast iron case A833 O/D transmission. What is the going rate for them to be? I want to sell it and to be fair on both sides. I paid 400 for it years ago and thinking of selling it at that price. Am I still on track with it?

Seems about right. I assume it's an A/F body transmission?

$400 would be a fair price if it's not totally junk. the more you can include with it to make it a package deal the better chances you have of moving it. shipping is gonna be a deal killer on it, so expect to meet a buyer half way on shipping, delivery or some other consolidation.

Is it ready to run or a rebuildable core? I’d start the price at $450 if a core.

It's a good trans, ready to run. It was pulled in the late 70s for a trans swap. Might need a going through since it has been sitting for so long.

It's a good trans, ready to run. It was pulled in the late 70s for a trans swap. Might need a going through since it has been sitting for so long.
I am happy to pay $400-$500 for what I consider to be a good usable core, a runner imo is $650 and up depending on the condition and rebuilt is 1k or more. These numbers are really where I see the market is at, you can sell cheaper but these things are getting pretty dam hard to find and the cast iron is the better version of the overdrives.

-
Back