833 rebuild kit?

-

72goldduster

Mopar Kid
Reaction score
picked up an A-body A833 for $250 and it needs new synchros and bearings, also the plastic speedo gear is ground to a fine grit in the tailshaft because the rear retainer slipped and was ovalized, allowed shaft play and also cracked the rear bearing. also because of the retainer jumping off, part of first gear was grinding on the housing outside of the front bearing, but it's part of the gear that doesn't engage, so it ought to be alright.

there was a nicely sized deposit of gold synchro dust in the inside of the case.

so I've done a google search for a kit with all the bearings, retainers and synchros, it was completely fruitless. where do you get this stuff? I DON'T want to pay an arm and a leg to the ONLY TRANS SHOP IN TOWN! it was easy enough to take apart, so I figure I'll be able to put it back together and thought why not rebuild it while I'm at it.

any help is appreciated

When mine is ready...I will ordering mine from Passon Performance. I will be ordering the slick shift kit too.

Rick

I've rebuilt 2 of these in the last year and a half and got all of the parts from ZBAG.COM
http://www.zbag.com/ My local transmission shop turned me on to them, they know there stuff and are a lot less expensive than the other guys. They sell a rebuild kit with ALL of the bearings, seals, gaskets and synchronizer blocker rings for a little over $100.00, plus they have about any hard parts you might need, one of my tranny's needed a cluster gear shaft, they had one in stock for $20.00!! Hope this helps.....Mike.

I've been right before.......but even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Don't buy the Mancini one it suds. Most stuff was wrong it was cheaper than brewers but is not for all 833 like it says

I rebuilt my 833 last year. I bought a kit from Year One. Cost around $250 but you have to make sure that you specify the right year. They changed the synchros in the later trannys. Look at yous and see if they have 3 nubs near the open slots. They had to send me another kit since I overlooked this part. Kit works awesome, nice and smooth now.

-
Back