84 727 Valvebody in 69 727????

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Was looking for a valvebody with partial throttle kickdown and found one from a 84 360 d250. Is going to work? Issues?

Thanks,
Jake

I've mixed different year transmissions/valve bodies several times and not had a problem, sometimes just to match the NSS to the car it's going in. There are some casting differences between older and newer cases, and there have been internal changes in VBs over the years, but I used a 1980 valve body (because it already had a TF2 kit in it) in a 1967 727 and it worked just fine. I've still got the '67 VB in a box sitting on the shelf.

I've mixed different year transmissions/valve bodies several times and not had a problem, sometimes just to match the NSS to the car it's going in. There are some casting differences between older and newer cases, and there have been internal changes in VBs over the years, but I used a 1980 valve body (because it already had a TF2 kit in it) in a 1967 727 and it worked just fine. I've still got the '67 VB in a box sitting on the shelf.
Thanks for the reply. Just the kind of info i was looking for. I really want that partial throttle kick down on this build so i guess ill grab it.

Thanks,
Jake

just make sure it's not a lock up...a lotta 80s were lock ups.

-
Back