85 Diplomat Brakes

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Will the calipers and rotors from a 85 Diplomat work on a 74 Dart spindle? I scored a pair of each from a friend and they look like they'll work. Thanks for any info!

I should qualify this a little more - THe rotors are exactly the same, the calipers will bolt on but the hose mounting may be a little different. I think the later calipers had a thicker boss on the mounting for the hose.

i agree with goody, get the rotors and brackets from a 78 cordoba. nothing beats bigger brakes.

I've got brackets for both big and little rotors and I'm going with the little rotors because the tires I'm running are 165 wide so I don't want too much brake for too little of tires. But,like I said, I've got both, so if I decide to change my mind later down the road, I can do so.

Are the 85 Lebaron and 78 Cordoba small bolt pattern? What is the back spacing on the stock small bolt pattern Ralleyes with the drum brakes? I may look into this myself as I am in need of a fairly inexpensive drom to disk conversion, thanks guys!

Is there any cars I can swipe the disc brake setup from that will allow me to keep the small bolt pattern. I have the Rallyes and they are in awesome condition, I don't really want to part with them. :help:

-
Back