86 Dodge Pick Up Engine Swap

-
I did it! Not too hard. I found a 1ton with a 440 for the mounts. Had to change the brake booster, used a mid 1970's booster from an LTD for power brakes. Stock wouldn't clear the valvecovers. I found a set of Chisholm suspension lower control-arm to drop the front and tubbed the rear and installed a Dana 60 with 33x21.5 Mickey's. Engine was a 500" and kept snapping the trans in the middle of the case and twisted 2 driveshafts. It won many 1st place trophies at many local car shows.

O', it ran 7's all day long in the 1/8th! Here are some photos,

Attachments

• PROSTREET RAM FOR SALE.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 165
I had also installed 1970 R/T emblems and an awesome 70 Challenger R/T hood from A.A.R. as well as ppg Russett pearl Ghost flames on the fenders and doors. Talk about an attention getter. Never a dull moment driving this one!!

Attachments

• dragram.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 156
bouchillon performance is a great place to look. they sell install kits and parts. no need to chase down expensive aftermarket parts to lower these trucks either. find a pair of 81-93 3/4 ton-1 ton lower control arms. they have a 2 1/2" pocket in them for thr taller coil springs to sit down into,where the half-tons sit flat on top. with stock springs,and a 440,will drop front about 3-3 1/2". flip the rear on top of the leafs,weld on a new pair of spring perches and rock and roll:cheers:

Not sure about the eighties trucks ,but from what I can remember .On the seventies trucks, the oil pan,the ex. manifolds and or headers are truck specific as well as the engine mounts. :read2:

-
Back