88-89 cam in Magnum engine

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
Do you guys see any problem with running a roller 88-89 Fuel injected 318 cam in a 93 magnum 318? I was wanting to get one reground because it already has the stuff for mechanical fuel pump instead of having to run an adapter.

Should be fine.You can run LA flat lifter cams,in a Magnum. You will need,to measure pushrod lengths.You will need a longer pushrod,for the reduced base circle.

I'll Order an adjustable pushrod. I found Competition Products,around 12-13 bucks,plus freight. You need "0" clearance,+ .030" preload. Put the cam installed ,on the base circle. Turn the pushrod longer,

until it is close,to no play up and down. (Between rocker,and lifter.). When you are close,start turning the pushrod,with your thumb,and forefinger. Keep doing this(and extending the pushrod lengthwise,until you feel resistance in turning it. When you feel resistance,between you thumb/forefinger,you have" found "0" lash. Mark it(the pushrod length,index it). Pull the rocker arm . Measure the total length,add .030"-.050".There's your needed pushrod length. Scummitt/Jegs /Comp products,5/16"ths Chevy SBC,will work.

To have it on the base circle would that be TDC? because both valves are closed? Sorry I am asking so many questions lol.

-
Back