88 D100 issues

-
upload_2021-4-9_7-0-46.jpeg

33 year old electronic throttle body injection with Idle Air Control. Was a poor generation of electronics to begin with before Tuned Port Injector systems came out.

Thankfully there are work-arounds of the failed parts and circuits to manually set the idle.

So satisfying to run the earlier Mopar ECU brain boxes (or points systems), Carburetors, and manual fuel pumps.

No brainer to keep these running . .
Future Proof

No problem adjusting the idle with a flat blade screw driver.

Every mechanic has wasted more than enough good time chasing down computer controlled issues.

Next up: Body Control Modules to turn on the dome light for you . . .
Headlights and Brake lights stay on all the time. No one can figure it out, can't locate new parts, new parts too expensive if you can even find them.

Guess you have to junk out a perfectly good car, being the electronics went bad.

Will take a single wire points system, that you can fix in a parking lot at the grocery store if you have to.

End of Rant . . .

20201013_192958.jpg

20200723_180334.jpg

20200714_165418.jpg

Old Mopar = Good Mopar

I did a few swaps to the old style regulator due to ecm not enabling alternator to charge. Last time i did one was on a diesel, hasnt had a problem since.

I did a reset of the ISC goy it to work a coiple times now it quit. Check engine light is on. Tried to scan it and they woildnt communicate. Also did the self scan with the key on off 3 tines and no codes came up. My liver ia takin a hit because of this truck

Unplug the Idle air control so it quits trying to communicate with the computer. Disconnect your battery for 60 seconds to clear the computer codes and reset it.

Set your idle manually. Or remove the IAC all together and build a steel bracket with a 1/4" bolt to replace the plunger and set idle manually permanently.

One and Done.

Go easy on your liver, no fun being outsmarted by lame electronic systems. Go with the manual work-around and get back to enjoying life.

I put the old computer on and it started workin!!! LMAO.

Ok. Took off this morning truck died. Got it home. Put the new computer back in redid the reset on the ISC. It worked. Then quit. I realized I wasnt gettin the rpms up high enough. All good now. No check engine.

-
Back