894 X Heads Flow Numbers

-

mini

Small Bore Long Stroke
Reaction score
Hey guys, I seem to have lost my many pages of cylinder head info and somewhere I came across some flow numbers for Ported 894 X Heads. Anyone have any info? I found some stock numbers on Stan Weiss' chart.

They flow about the same as any other 340/360 port head. Don't get caught up in the bench racing hype. The only thing magic about them is the price some will pay for the numbers matching castings for their car.

They flow about the same as any other 340/360 port head. Don't get caught up in the bench racing hype. The only thing magic about them is the price some will pay for the numbers matching castings for their car.

Well I have a ported set but never got them flow tested. A lot of port work was done on them.

Then it comes down to having your castings flowed to see where they stand. There are plenty of flow numbers out there on the interweb. Some sources are BS others are quite legit. For a true A / B comparison your heads need to be flowed on the same bench as the ones you are to comparing to.

Keep in mind area under the curve is more important than peak numbers, especially on the intake side.

-
Back