90 Degree Adapter facing forward????/

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
I just got a set of magnum manifolds for my 273 and noticed it wont allow for the use of the 90 degree adapter. I understand there's the divide on here with people liking/disliking them but has anyone tried facing it forward??? I only have it on the stand right now so not sure of frame clearances but it looks to be close to hugging the block. I have no problems using the regular oil system but was also looking into a relocation kit.

Thanks,

Jake

Pics - https://www.flickr.com/photos/133376992@N02/albums/72157658228375711

One of my very good friends had a '51 Henry J with a 340 in it. We had to turn the 90 degree adapter forward to clear the frame rail and the header, we had no problems with it. As far as I know, 20 years later it is still that way. I haven't seen the car in about 4 years, since his daughter took it after he passed away.

One of my very good friends had a '51 Henry J with a 340 in it. We had to turn the 90 degree adapter forward to clear the frame rail and the header, we had no problems with it. As far as I know, 20 years later it is still that way. I haven't seen the car in about 4 years, since his daughter took it after he passed away.

Thanks for the info!! It looks like there wouldnt be a problem but i also forgot to put that its going into a 1963 Valiant Signet.

Jake

Had magnum manifolds on jake's 65 - faced the adaptor forward. When we sold the 318, we left the adaptor on it. Put the same magnums on the 360 with no oil filter adaptor. Clearance is fine.

Had magnum manifolds on jake's 65 - faced the adaptor forward. When we sold the 318, we left the adaptor on it. Put the same magnums on the 360 with no oil filter adaptor. Clearance is fine.

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Jake

No problem. Do yourself a favor and have 3/16 - 1/4 inch milled off the mounting surface of the manifolds and flatten the right side inner fender where the forward most lump is behind the upper control arm adjusters. We also ground the casting numbers off the right side manifold to make juuuuust enough room. Also had to shim the left side motor mount up 1/4 inch to clear the steering coupler.

No problem. Do yourself a favor and have 3/16 - 1/4 inch milled off the mounting surface of the manifolds and flatten the right side inner fender where the forward most lump is behind the upper control arm adjusters. We also ground the casting numbers off the right side manifold to make juuuuust enough room. Also had to shim the left side motor mount up 1/4 inch to clear the steering coupler.

Great, thanks for the heads up. I was going to take and have both them milled a quarter and see where i end up. Ill be posting pics of the install here hopefully next month, waiting for this weather to cool down a bit.

Jake

-
Back