90 roller la block advantages & opinions.

-

jimmer

Reaction score
Today I picked up a core 1990 roller cam non magum block for free !!
First I noticed there is no provision for a mechanical fuel pump.
Other then the obvious , that its a roller cam la block , are there any other advantages ?
Are regular roller lifters better then retrofit lifters ?

Good block to start with if you want to run a hyd roller. The stock hyd roller lifters are pretty good.

Get an early timing cover and buy a cam that has the fuel pump snout and go with a mech fuel pump if you like.

fuel pump boss can be finished machining, if its a 360 should have 308 heads if 318 should be 302 heads, the lifters and all hardware are great for any hyd roller lift cam! pistons should be flat tops no valve reliefs and 9:1 ,rest of it is your basic L.A. stuff

I built my motor on that block, sent the can to Bullet racing cams and had it reground, I used magnum heads and new rods and pistons. That should have a block off plate where the fuel pump goes. The cam has a long snout for the concentric. I used factory lifters, Eatons I believe. It's a great motor to build on. I have a 71 360 block here and used this instead.

I built my motor on that block, sent the can to Bullet racing cams and had it reground, I used magnum heads and new rods and pistons. That should have a block off plate where the fuel pump goes. The cam has a long snout for the concentric. I used factory lifters, Eatons I believe. It's a great motor to build on. I have a 71 360 block here and used this instead.
How much did it cost to have it reground ?

The block motor needs to be rebuilt.
There is a ridges in cylinders.
It did not have the heads just the block.
I dont care about the fuel pump situation, I already have electric on my Dart.
At some point I think this will end up going in my Dart.
Im not sure if I will stay hydraulic or solid roller ?

A hyd roller block has specific parts and bosses to run factory roller lifters.

A solid roller cam will use none of those parts. The usefullness of the block having hyd roller capabilities is moot.

-
Back