904 gear selector

-

douglas340

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what hole the cable should go in on this selector please?.....I have a Hurst promatic shifter 2

IMAG0416.jpg

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what hole the cable should go in on this selector please?.....I have a Hurst promatic shifter 2

And if you don't have the lever that came with the shifter you can order one from Hurst.
And if you want to try and use the one you have you will need to check the geometry by putting the trans and shifter both in neutral and adjusting the cable so that the pin on the cable end drops into one of the holes.
Then take the pin back out and put the trans and shifter in 1st and see if the pin still drops right in the hole on the lever.
If it doesn't, then use a different hole until it does.
You could do the same thing in neutral to park and it works the same.

BTW, I ordered a 36" cable for mine from B&M (Hurst doesn't make a short one) because the Hurst cable is way to dang long and routing without getting near header pipes was a PIA.
The B&M cable is a super duty racing quality cable that fits everything perfectly except the eylet/pin where the cable connects to the Hurst shifter mechanism.
I had to make a sleeve for the B&M cable because the B&M eyelet is 2mm larger than the pin on the Hurst shifter.
It sure is solid and snappy feeling with the shorter heavy duty cable.
This is the one I got: B&M Super Duty Race Shifter Cables 80831

-
Back