904 Kickdown cable bracket?

-

wes beem

Reaction score
bought a jegs 904 transmission kickdown cable and i don't have any brackets to attach it to, what are y'all running?

Im running a 360 magnum with a quickfuel carb and airgap intake.

A Jeg's bracket on an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake. Holley carb.

20230323_100221.jpg

Close up shots of Jeg's bracket. Kickdown cable is Lokar.

20230203_192801.jpg

20230203_192758.jpg

20230203_192755.jpg

ok so the kickdown goes on the bottom side of that carb bracket. Got it! im running that same throttle one.

Yes. It seems to work correctly. My brother-in-law recently bought this car.

Did you get your kickdown cable installed? On this Duster, it wasn't adjusted properly. The transmission would stay in gear way too long and shift hard. Was told the trans had a shift kit in it. Maybe, but maybe not. At 45 mph, with light throttle, it was still in 2nd gear and I would have to gas it, then let off the gas pedal quickly to get it to shift to 3rd. After adjusting the cable at the carb, I got it to shift normally. I'm not so sure about a shift kit because it shifts smoothly now. Before, it was like yanking gears with a manual, which I like if done properly.

Good info guys, sorry for hijack but does anyone know if there is aftermarket oem "style" kickdown linkage. I'm trying to put on a sb dualquad and everything that I've seen is cable.
Thanks
Steve

Good info guys, sorry for hijack but does anyone know if there is aftermarket oem "style" kickdown linkage. I'm trying to put on a sb dualquad and everything that I've seen is cable.
Thanks
Steve
No hijack here...if i could find a brand new COMPLETE stock style one id be on it too LOL

-
Back