904 linkage

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some information if the 904 column shift linkage will work on a 727 trans, I have a Lokar kick down cable so it is just the shift linkage I need info on.
Thanks in advance.

Haven't messed with column linkage in a long time. Doesn't it just flop around unhooked? I mean no gates or stops,relying on the detents of the valve body. If so it will probably work just fine.

Thanks, That's what I was thinking also just wanted to hear it from someone else.

Can anyone shed some information if the 904 column shift linkage will work on a 727 trans, I have a Lokar kick down cable so it is just the shift linkage I need info on.
Thanks in advance.

if you are going from a small block 904 to a small block 727 then the linkage will the same because its the same bell size. If your big block swapping then the BB 727 has a bigger bell area so it needs a shorter z-bar looking piece.

when I BB swapped my coronet and kept the column shift, I needed a shorter cross shaft (z-bar looking piece) than what was in the car already with a small block 904.

you can mix and match from other car lines to find the size you need ....a slant six A-body cross shaft actually worked in a B-body with a Big block. Trucks often have pieces you can mix and match too.

-
Back